Calendar systems and divisions
Days, months and years... plus planets
If time were an accountant, its favourite object would be a calendar, as keeping count of when things happen is one of its functions.
Calendars have continually being altered and corrected and sometimes completely redefined.
Would you like to find out more about:
- Calendar systems
- Lunar calendars
- Dates for the Lunar New Year
- Days of the week in official EU languages
- How is each month called in Various European languages?
- When did our new millennium actually start?
- The Solstice as a halfway house of the year
- Natal charts - a very personal calendar
- Panchang: Indian astrology and time-management
- British Summer Time (BST)
- BST dates
- Fat Tuesday? Yes, Mardi Gras