Russia is a vast country spanning 11 time zones across European Russia (including Moscow & St Petersburg) and Asiatic Russia (from the Urals to Siberia).
Since 2014 all time zones have stayed on Standard Time, with no clock changes.
- federal semi-presidential republic, in northern Eurasia, comprising 83 federal subjects (provinces)
- borders with Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia, and North Korea
- the largest country in the world, covering more than a ninth of the Earth's land area with 17,075,400 sq km (6,592,800 sq miles)
- the ninth most populous nation in the world with a population estimated to be close to 146 million.
- official language is Russian