Russia is a vast country spanning 11 time zones across European Russia (including Moscow & St Petersburg) and Asiatic Russia (from the Urals to Siberia).
Since 2014 all time zones have stayed on Standard Time, with no clock changes.
For more detailed time zone information, go to Russia's time zones page.
- federal semi-presidential republic, in northern Eurasia, comprising 83 federal subjects (provinces)
- borders with Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia, and North Korea
- the largest country in the world, covering more than a ninth of the Earth's land area with 17,075,400 sq km (6,592,800 sq miles)
- the ninth most populous nation in the world with a population estimated to be close to 146 million.
- official language is Russian