The City of West Covina, California was incorporated in 1923 to prevent the City of Covina from establishing a sewage farm within the current city boundaries. The 507 residents of the area banded together to maintain local control of their land. Walnut and orange groves continued to flourish during the following decades.
The City of West Covina began the second-half of the 20th century with exciting new developments and projects. The City Hall and Police facility were built in 1969 as an example of a Joint Powers Authority in the County of Los Angeles. The Civic Centre Joint Powers Authority, consisting of the County of Los Angeles and the City of West Covina, also completed a three-level parking structure in the Civic Centre complex. The Civic Centre complex includes the Los Angeles County Regional Library, the Citrus Municipal Court building and the City Hall offices.
The city is substantially "built out" with few major vacant development sites remaining. The city is a residential and commercial centre with limited industry. Retail merchandising is the principal business activity.
|01/01/2020||New Year's Day|
|01/20/2020||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|02/17/2020||George Washington's Birthday|
Enter place or code