Current Eastern Time (XXX)
USA & Canada clocks are now on
- Daylight saving start: Sunday 13 March 2016 02:00 local time.
- Daylight saving end: Sunday 6 November 2016 02:00 local time.
USA and Canada Standard Time Date schedules here
To see time in a separate window press here.
What is the Eastern Time Zone?
The Eastern Timezone is an area 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-5) during the winter months (referred to as EST) and 4 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-4) during the summer months (referred to as EDT). At the moment, the following schedule is used:
From 2 A.M. on the second Sunday in March to 2 A.M. on the first Sunday in November, Daylight Saving Time is in effect. At all other times, Standard Time is in effect.
Do clocks in the Eastern Timezone observe Daylight Saving Time?
In most states in the USA and in most provinces in Canada, Daylight-Saving Time (DST) is observed. During DST the time is shifted forward by 1 hour to Eastern Daylight Time (EDT); which is 4 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-4).
After the Summer months Eastern Time is shifted back by 1 hour to US Eastern Standard Time (EST) or (GMT-5).
Time Zone Converter
Convert from Eastern Time to GMT (or any locations)
Choose a time and date
Rate this page
Thanks for rating
Send us a message:
More to explore
- Convert: Eastern Time to GMT
- Area Code > Time Zone
- Eastern Time to Alaska Time
- Eastern Time to Central Time
- Eastern Time to Hawaii Time
- Eastern Time to Mountain Time
- Eastern Time to Pacific Time
- Eastern Time to Canada Time
- Eastern Time to Atlantic Time
- Eastern Time to Asia Time
- Eastern Time to Europe Time
- Eastern Standard Time