Daylight Saving Time (DST) 2019
Current dates in USA, Canada and Europe
Clock change rules and historic dates
Clocks go forward one hour
- 2019 DST began in USA and Canada on 10 March (see US exceptions here)
- Cuba and Haiti switched to summer time on the same date
Current daylight saving dates for USA
- Standard Time began: Sunday 3 November 2019 02:00 local time. Clocks went back one hour.
- Standard Time ends: Sunday 8 March 2020 02:00 local time. Clocks go forward one hour.
USA and Canada past and future DST schedules here
When does time change to/from DST in USA?
Beginning in 2007, Daylight Saving Time was brought forward by 3 or 4 weeks in Spring and extended by one week in the Fall / Autumn. The schedule for the states of the United States that adopt daylight saving time are:
USA Daylight Saving Time (DST) begins for most of the United States at 2 a.m. local time on the second Sunday of March. Time reverts to standard time at 2 a.m. on the first Sunday in November.
Current daylight saving dates for Europe
- Standard Time began: Sunday 27 October 2019 01:00 GMT. Clocks went back one hour.
- Standard Time ends: Sunday 29 March 2020 01:00 GMT. Clocks go forward one hour.
UK and Europe Clock Change Rules