America Los Angeles (USA Pacific Time)
Find out more about LA Time Zone and Daylight Savings
- The city of Los Angeles , widely known by its abbreviation LA , is a large coastal metropolis in Southern California in the western United States of America.
- It was incorporated as a city in California on April 4, 1850. The city is the county seat of Los Angeles County.
- Los Angeles is the largest city in California, and the second most populous city in the United States. It ranks second (after New York City ), with a population of 3,694,820 as of the latest census, in 2000. The economy of Los Angeles is driven famous for its movie industry, aerospace, international trade, and tourism.
- It is the largest entry point for immigrants to the United States and a very ethnically diverse city. Los Angeles is considered a major world city, having hosted two Olympic Games, and home to renowned scientific and cultural institutions.
- The metropolitan area (frequently termed the "Southland") consists of Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside and Orange counties, and is home to more than sixteen million people of diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds. The Greater Los Angeles area is often referred to as Southern California, but geographically that term more properly includes both the Los Angeles metroplex and Imperial, Kern, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties.
- Los Angeles International airport (LAX / KLAX)
- Ontario International airport (ONT / KONT)
Our creative collection
Animated World Map