Main facts about London
- London is the capital city of England and the United Kingdom (UK).
- It is UK's most populous city. According to the latest UK Census, in 2011, London population had gone over eight million, and the 2021 census showed a further increase to 8.8 million inhabitants.
- That means that London has not yet reached the contingent of mega-cities, with over 10 million inhabitants.
- Despite being such a huge urban hive, there is always a good way of finding one's way around in terms of public transport.
- One of London's boroughs, Greenwich, is the famous home of the Prime Meridian. Read more about World Time and 0 degrees Longitude.
- London is a fascinating world city, make time for a visit to Museum of London and scroll down for a raincheck!
Curated external London Links
Currency in UK: British pound (GBP)/Sterling
World Currency Converter is a reference tool for information purposes, to locate a country’s currency and get an idea of current exchange rates.
This is a guiding tool, and not a critical decision-taking or professional trading instrument, so please read the disclaimer before using.
Clocks and Time Tools
Our creative collection
What time is it?