Current time and main facts
Check the map and the weather, view sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset times
- London is the capital city of England and the United Kingdom (UK) .
- It is UK's most populous city. According to the latest UK Census , in 2011, London population had gone over eight million, but current estimates suggest further increase, surpassing 8.5 million inhabitants.
- That means that London has not yet reached the contingent of mega-cities , with over 10 million inhabitants.
- Despite being such a huge urban hive, there is always a good way of finding one's way around in terms of public transport.
- One of London's boroughs, Greenwich, is the famous home of the Prime Meridian. Read more about World Time and 0 degrees Longitude.
- London is a fascinating world city, make time for a visit to Museum of London and scroll down for a raincheck!
Currency in UK: British pound (GBP)/Sterling
Exchange rate of Pound Sterling (GBP) to other major currencies
Disclaimer: conversions are for illustration purposes only. We use reputable sources but cannot and do not verify each rate we have fetched. We shall not be liable to users or any third party for any damage or loss incurred, monetary or otherwise, directly or indirectly, as a result of using of this function. Usage is entirely at your own risk.